Ability to set up Approval Limits
Workflow approval levels of an approval path can now be configured, allowing an Agency to set the upper limit of how much an approver can approve in a single expense claim for their approval level.
Setting up the limit
- Click on 'Admin' on the home page and select 'Settings'
- Select the tab 'Approval Paths' and click on the path you wish to set a limit on.
- Click on the approval level you wish to set a limit on, and input the amount you wish to set it to:
- Click 'Save' to lock in the change(s). The changes will also be tracked in the audit trail:
Functionality in action
- When an expense claim is logged with an amount which is over the approval limit ($5,000 in our example):
- If an expense claim is over the configured approval limit for this approval level, an approver still must approve it, but the expense claim will be sent to the next approval level.
If an expense claim is under the configured approval limit for this approval level, once this level of approvers approved the expense claim, it doesn't go any further and is ready for importing.