This article covers which spot type conversions are used to apply MD spot types to primods upon file import of proposal, holdings, and post analysis files.
For more information see:
- What are priority modifiers (a.k.a. primods)?
- What are Spot Types?
- What are Spot Type Conversions?
Order of precedence
MD chooses which spot type to apply based on this order of precedence:
1. Audience-Traded Paid Spot Type conversion (highest priority)
2. Audience-Traded Bonus Spot Type conversion
3. Paid Spot Type Conversion
4. Bonus Spot Type Conversion (lowest priority)
From MD version 21.2.8, only conversions with an Import Priority of 1 are used, due to this fix SPECMD-9653
Based on that, if the data supplier uses the same primod that your agency has mapped to a paid and bonus spot type conversion, then the Paid spot type gets precedence to apply to monitors.
This will cause a problem if your agency prefers to default to the Bonus spot type, or tends to have a mix of both in unmatched post, because it still means manual override would be required.
If your agency wants a clear definition between the two, please discuss with your network representative in having different primods used.